My 1st day experience to Work from Office after 2 years of lockdown/ Work From Home

My 1st day experience to Office might look lengthy but trust me this is gonna be interesting when you read through every line until the end.

I live in the IT sector and it just took 15 mins to reach office gate (Mindspace-Raheja-12D) as there is no traffic and no signals touching my route. Lucky me 😏and then I parked my 2-wheeler in Basement 2 parking and went to the lifts, I see a keypad to select the floor for the lifts, yes you heard it right just like the phone keypad or laptop keypad, you can experience digital “Lift Keypad” and it shows only 0-9 digits, S, B keys on it. I was wondering how am I supposed to go to 13th floor as this keypad doesn’t have any double digit number and also every lift is named with Alphabet A | B |C |D. I pressed 9 key thinking that there may be one more lift for top floors (silly me) and the keypad popped with ALPHABET nothing but the lift which I need to take. When I reached 9th floor it’s the same lifts with same 0–9-digit keypad πŸ˜ͺ clicked on S again and finally reached Ground floor. I took help from Security Guard on how to reach 13th floor. So, the trick over here is very simple if you want to go to 13th floor you need to press 2 keys i.e., 1 and 3 -> 13. Easy isn’t it? By the time I reached 13th floor it took me 20 mins 😁 more than the time it took me to reach office. And as I am a new joinee with no ID card, I am supposed to go to 12th floor to collect it, and when I was approaching the entrance of 12th floor the door automatically opened, trust me I was scared seeing that because it looked as if a ghost opened the door (it’s not like the other sliding automatic opening doors) but later I understood that’s how the door is functioning :D.
After collecting my temporary ID card, I returned to 13th floor, security is available on every floor to guide you. Also, there's a big LCD Touch Screen TV placed at the entrance which will direct you to the seat location, interesting isn’t it. It’s a very huge floor with multiple partitions and trust me the floor was colorful, wall plants etc. Everything on this floor is new; The tables, the chairs and me HAHAHAH. Finally met my Managers Srinivas and Venkat and was happy to see them πŸ˜€and thank you for the warm welcome. To our surprise we were given some wonderful goodies by Parimela. It includes water bottle, bag pack, 2 keychains, cutlery, jute bag, and the most useful a box with sticky notes, stapler, holders, pen, eraser, sharpener and a highlighter. Thanks to the team πŸ‘‹

This building has a beautiful view, on one side you can see a perfect view of Durgam Chervu cable bridge and surroundings and on the other side you can see overall Mindspace. 

Interesting and good thoughts put in by management:
No trash can can at your desks or ODC, it’s a centralized Dustbin which has different sections for paper, for face mask, for steel etc
All the lights are off, based on sensors the lights turn on. Amazing to see how power is being saved

To conclude, in my 9 years of experience, I have never seen any company so digitalized or modernized and that’s how Technology is booming. The interiors, the seating, the infrastructure is TOP NOTCH. Happy and grateful to be a part of IBM. It was a wonderful experience 😍on my 1st day





Glimpse of the scary door and view from office : https://www.youtube.com/shorts/f98Tp0cxyio

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Places to visit in Puri and Bhuvneshwar

Trip to Vaishno Devi + Kashmir changed to Puri Jaganath + Bhuvneshwar in no time

Places to Visit in Go Goa Gone